Thursday, December 16, 2010

Blog On Hold

My life is so full of living right now, I have no time to do justice to this topic as I set out to do. So for anyone who may happen to find this spot, live long and prosper and come back in early summer 2011 where I hope to have restarted.

Until then, here is my statement of belief for marriage, and I really don't care if you disagree, you are just wrong.

A Scriptural marriage is the exclusive lifelong and intimate union of one man and one woman that results from the witnessed mutual covenant between them to live as husband and wife according to Scriptural principles.

A Scriptural marriage is dissolved by the death of either spouse and by Scriptural divorce on the grounds of unrepentant immorality of one of the spouses. The divorce can be originated by either the offending spouse or the victim spouse.

A Scriptural divorce is NOT sin. Once divorced, it is the immoral spouse, the one that caused the strife in the marriage that led to the divorce, that is held accountable for adultery, NOT the victim spouse.

Any repentant sinner on the other side of divorce is permitted to marry again according to Scriptural principles. There is absolutely NO prohibition in Scripture against "second marriages" except to remarry one's original spouse after they had been with another (i.e. you can't go back to the first one once either of you have been married to another). And still, that argument is based on OT Hebrew Law.

I was married once. My wife left me and we divorced. I am married again. I married a woman who was divorced also. Neither of us were the "offending spouse" and neither of us can completely blame the other spouse for all the problems. It takes to make it or to break it. My wife and I were brought together as a direct intervention in our lives by God and we have ample proof of that. We have been blessed and our family has grown to "hers, mine, and ours".

I am in a second marriage. And God is completely fine with that.

No comments allowed, good or bad. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

No comments: